third edition of the Summer School ‘Attractive Cities: Successes and Conflicts’ organized by the University of Bicocca-Milan and the University of Barcelona next July 2017.
The aim of the Summer School is to provide a critical analysis on urban attractiveness from different perspectives: Economics, Sociology, Urban Planning and Cultural Management.
Key issues that will be examined are: location theories, cultural capitals, mobility, housing, night economy, tourism and citizenship, among others. The School will deal with different types of urban populations and services, different models of policies and a wide range of governance structures. Internationally well-known experts from University of Barcelona and University of Bicocca-Milan, will share their knowledge and views with the students.
The students will learn about the Janus-faced urban attractiveness in two spatial contexts with different attributes and trajectories. Milan and Barcelona are currently at the top positions in the urban ranking of popularity and success. However, side effects are not neutral.
The Summer School will take place in two cities: Milan and Barcelona.
First week in Milan: July 10th –July 14th
Second week in Barcelona: July 17th –July 21st
Not only lectures but also visits and social events will conform the contents of the School.
- Types of metropolitan populations living, consuming and working in the cities
- Mobility systems and accessibility to urban opportunities in contemporary cities
- Local resources utilized to develop touristic and job attractions
- Public policies oriented to improve attraction
- Governance and participation models as tools for improving attractions
- Urban rhythm and night attractiveness
- Walkability and urban environment
- The environmental quality as an urban attractiveness
- Prof. Giampaolo Nuvolati – Università di Milano Bicocca firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof.ssa Montserrat Pareja Eastaway – University of Barcelona email@example.com
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: Attractive Cities